Friday, January 27, 2012

weird!

Today was busy for me! Not more than normal, but kinda different than normal.  Miah was on kiddo duty while I went in for another prosthetic appointment.  I was picking up my final socket that was done like SEVERAL weeks ago - oops! I plan on posting several pics down the road of the donning process so you can all see what my leg looks like and how I put it on.  To me, it's second nature, but maybe other's are interested in it??

At any rate, today was also weird.  Some normal weird stuff, some annoying weird stuff and some good weird stuff.  First off - your regular old weird.  I saw a skunk that was dead on the road.  Like fresh road kill.  Not frozen-to-the-road road kill.  That's weird to me because I remember when I was a kid and I watched Bambi, Bambi and Thumper always had to way Flower up when it was Spring because he hybernated.  Did someone forget to tell that skunk on the road? Even more weird, thanks to facebook and a small community, I later found out I know who hit that skunk in January.  :)

Annoying weird could also be called dangerous weird stuff.  I was on 37th ST today and I was coming down the on ramp to get on to Hwy 52.  A semi (sam's club semi heading south!!) was in the lane.  He was not going fast like most cars, but at least the speed limit.  There was no one in the other TWO lanes, but he did not move over.  He instead stayed in the outside lane.  I had to actually move over to the shoulder as my on ramp lane was ending and I had to slow down.  Very annoying, but could've easily turned dangerous.

Another annoying which was actually a little dangerous, just a few miles down the same road, all the lanes quickly lit up with break lights all across.  They weren't stopping and I hadn't heard anything, so I didn't think it was an accident.  It was at an always congested area (the off ramp for second street, which always seems to collide with traffic trying to get on 52 South from Fourteen West (my four key is broke)).  But the problem I soon found out was this little dinky car driving anywhere from forty all the way up to - brace yourself - forty six miles per hour!!!! Come on!! At least the car was in the right lane and not going that slow in the fast lane! 

The last thing - good weird.  I had a great day! I went to Hobby Lobby and only spend 10.68!! Write it down! Seriously, this is a very rare occurence for me.  Next I went to the dollar store where I only spent 30 and change.  Most of that purchase was for craft needs (love getting those at the dollar store) and for some pieces I needed as Emma and I will be making valentines this year for her parties.  Of course the tutorial will be posted on http://benikeboutique.blogspot.com/ :)

Not only was I reveling in my killer deals all the way home, but it is January 26th and it was 37 degrees!!! I had the sun roof open.  And that is not the first day this month I've done that.  I wasn't even wearing my jacket! I love the snow and the changing weather that we have here in this amazing state.  But there is something fun about things like no jackets in January! More good weird! So hopefully your day was filled with as much weird as mine! It makes life so much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment