Tuesday, May 22, 2012

butterfly no more

It's been quite some time since I've posted on either blog and I must say I really miss it.  But with surgery and recoery behind me, I'm putting posting toward the top of the list again! :)

May seems like such a crazy busy month every year.  We celebrated O's fourth birthday this past weekend.  (Very bittersweet for me - she's just growing SO fast!) We hadn't been to Como Zoo for quite some time and it is by far our favorite family past time.  We were very heartbroken to learn that the Butterfly house from the last 3 years is permanately closed.  They had butterflies from all around the world.  So it was a very unique experience to say the least. 

(this one was on the walking path so his wings got a little rough)
You could "purchase" a butterfly and release it into the greenhouse.  It was amazing! My oldest daughter was the only one who was old enough to do it.  And she thought it was amazing! As did I of course!













The wonderful girls at the information desk told us that the exhibit closed because their federal permit (to have the exoctic ones) expired and there was not also not funding available to continue the project. :( But, she told us that the other zoo in the area has a butterfly house this year.  So perhaps there is another zoo trip in our future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment